Thursday, November 27, 2008

turkey day


Turkey day, or Thanksgiving day.. is more like 'lebaran' indonesia, told Mommy. Many people travel to go to visit their family and relatives. They have a big meal with a roasted turkey as the main dish, and ofcourse acommpanied by the mashed potatoes and gravy, greenbeans caseroles, cranberries sauce, and lots of sweet deserts :). But as Indonesians we always modify the food, and sambal on the side.

Today, I went to oma Aychu for the Thanksgiving dinner. (Mommy forgets to bring her camera, so no picture :( There're so many people there. It's a mix party of families and college students. It's nice that they have this split level basement with a pingpong table, so the kids can play and run around freely. The food were extraordinary good and plenty. Ofcourse oma Aychu cooked the turkey, pastel tutup, sup jagung, and bakso babi.. yumm.. Mommy cooked labu siyem, Matt's mom brought chicken cordon bleu, Glen's mom brought bacon wrapped greenbeans, Jaceyn's mom brought tiramisu, tante Vonny brought rigatoni pasta, and many more I don't even know, because I was busy playing and drink juices.

I met several of my friends whom I don't hang out a lot. I met Glen, Sammy, James and his little brother Dave came from NY, Matt and Michael, Jacelyn, Davin, Sara and her little sister, and there's Maya from Pitts.
Quinny's mom & dad were there, but Quinny went to his grandma's and stay over there for the holiday.

After tired of playing running and chasing around, Mommy asked me to go home, because there's another party at my own house! Om Piter and om Lester cooked a 12 pounds turkey at home, and it smells sooo good. Mommy also said Om Piter's curry puffs were very good. I tasted a little bit of the ham that om Acong brought, then I played again with Andrew.
Around 10pm everyone started to leave because some of them were going to the Jeffersonville Outlets for the black friday shopping.

And for me, time to bed... Happy Thanksgiving everyone...


No comments: