Saturday, April 11, 2009

duckling day & easter celebration



duckling day...

Wonderful saturday morning..... Mommy thought it'd be a great day to have fun with some activities at the library. It's their annual event. It's called 'duckling day' at Whetstone Metropolitan Library. Matthew, Michael and their mom came with Sisi and tante Ria, then Andrew and his mom came later. We suppose to wear costumes like ducks, and it started at 10 am. We got there on time, but we had to walk pretty far almost to the end of the park to reach the site for egg-hunt. I brought my basketball-pattern basket.

By the time we got there, there're no more eggs for us. I didn't really care about that, because I thought it's just fun to walk together with hundreds of kids with their costumes. I left my mask and boots at home, but I wore my yellow raincoat and got an extra duck mask from Matt's mom. Mommy asked me if I'm okay with getting no egg. I said it is okay. I enjoyed just spending the time together with my friends.
Then we had to walked back to the library building, the next thing to do is the duckling parade.
Just when we walked, a kid in front of me didn't know that she dropped one of her egg and rolled over passing me. And an uncle behind me catched it and gave it to me, so I got one egg actually.
It was a loooong line with other 'ducks', and we walked along High St. and waved to some cars that passing by.
Then we met Ms. Mallard, the big duck (it's someone wearing a duck costume :)). I didn't want to touch her, I just stand close enough to see, but Matthew was very excited. He walked to her and hugged her, and Mommy took the picture.
Later we went inside the library, it was packed and full of people. I never go to the library that full. We did some duck-puppet craft while waiting for the next puppet show.
The puppet show was great. I love watching it, especially because Mr. Sam played the puppets.
So it was a great day to spend at the library today. I got some goodies (storybook, bookmark, duck whistle, stickers) and one egg.
Got to go there again next year. Next time, need to remind Mommy to come earlier.




easter celebration...

Sunday afternoon.... I had no nap, but instead I went to the church with Mommy to celebrate Easter. Mommy tried to explain to me what Easter is. It's about the winning of Jesus and how loving he is to everyone. Daddy went earlier because he had some things to prepared. He's going to teach, and Mommy and I didn't want to miss him teach.
When it's time for Daddy to teach, I called outloud, "Daddy!" but all the kids went outside for egg-hunt. So I came outside fast and this time I got some eggs with lots of sweets inside.
Then Mommy & I hurried inside to hear Daddy. I sat still the whole time, because I had a lot of sweets to enjoy.
Later after we enjoyed dinner, Andrew came and we played together and I shared my eggs with him.

It was a fun weekend to me. I told Daddy that he is awesome and his teaching is great and powerful (Mommy told me to say that :))
Happy Easter everyone. I'm glad that Jesus always loves me eventhough I made some bad choices.


No comments: