Monday, December 21, 2009

a fun winter weekend



saturday, december 19th 2009


We usually wake up late on Saturdays, but not that day. We get dressed and left home at 9am. Daddy, om Hendy and om Ariel were in a pursuit of dim sum that morning and they were bummed since no chinese restaurant open before 11am. Originally they excitedly and purposedly went to Sun Flower (noticed how many times I mentioned 'Sun Flower' later on), then Lee Garden, and tried to call some other restaurants with no hope. So we decided to go to First Watch at Worthington Square Mall as tante Gun suggested. I had a lot of fun there with Matthew. While we're waiting for our table, we played around the big Christmas tree and took some pictures with the soldier.




From there we headed to Polaris Mall to play at the zoo play area, and then we were trying to get a picture with Santa, but was not succesfull. Titi and I were sitting nicely on Santa's lap, but Matthew refuse to get near him, so I moved to sit on a reindeer and Matt was put down on Santa's lap which was not a good idea. He started to cry and Titi confused and cried too. But it was okay with me, I don't care about the picture. I got a lollipop.

http://www.youtube.com/user/4870arthurpl#p/u/7/y3iD6gs32Ts

That day was snowing for the first time in December with a significant amount of snow to play with, and a perfect snow condition to make a snowman.

That afternoon, Mommy and I decided to make a firefighter instead of a regular snowman, since we don't have the usual decoration for a snowman. So there it was.. a mini snow-firefighter with a goggle on :) The red circle and the pink chalk were the buttons, with a baby carrot for the nose.





Then I played snow throwing with Daddy and Mommy until I cried 2 times when the snow balls hit my face or get into my back. I don't like the cold feeling of snow/ice landed on my skin.

http://www.youtube.com/user/4870arthurpl#p/u/6/lMi7AHsOxq8

It was a short fun time that afternoon, then I enjoyed some oranges inside while watching food network challenge of christmas tree edible decoration.

In the evening, we had MG at home as usual. Matt and I played in the basement with Daddy. After that we went to Sun Flower restaurant to have dinner and ice cream treat at Jeni's Dublin for dessert. Yumm...




sunday, december 20th




In the morning I went to Xenos as usual with Mommy and Bebe, enjoyed a donut and had a dim-sum at Sun Flower restaurant for lunch. Took a short nap, then in the afternoon we went to Walmart to get some oranges... again. (The clementines are in season now) with Daddy, Mommy and Bebe.




Next, we were heading to downtown to see some christmas lights display at State Auto park. It was very nice. There are some statue figures of Christmas story with pretty lights decoration. The three wise men, the shepherd and the sheep, King Herod, Mary and Gabriel, and the manger with baby Jesus in it.






And then, for dinner, we're going to Dirty Frank's. Daddy and Mommy's favorite hotdogs restaurant. I ordered the Classy Lady, a hotdog topped with cheddar cheese sauce and crushed chips.. with a lot of ketchup ofcourse! I ate half of the dog and tried some of the tatter tots.

With the stomach full, we drove back up to OSU Ice Ring. This was my second time learning to skate. Andrew was there and Matthew came later. I really enjoyed skating with Andrew. I think I was encouraged to skate because of Andrew's courage and persistency. With the help of Weo and om Hendy, I can make a full round. Then Daddy came to join me to skate and made another round.
Check out the video here: http://www.youtube.com/user/4870arthurpl#p/u/8/bH6Qb7DCgU0
Mommy told me if I really want to skate I have to persistently come and learn. Maybe Weo can be my personal trainer :) Daddy promised me to get the skate if I can skate without assistance :)

There's one more place I went a week after this, to see some beautiful lights at Pickerington. It was pretty far, about 30min drive, but it was so cool! We sat inside the car, listening to 93.9, and saw the beautiful lights blinking with the same rythm with the music. Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/user/4870arthurpl#p/a/f/0/26Mz9qMtUJc

No comments: